Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was an all time favoutite for me when I was growing up, now I have my own kids and they love it just as much. If you like quick, easy, tasty recipes for main meals and you like tuna than this is for you. I have no idea where this recipe originated from and have never seen it publicated so it could be one of my mums inventions. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 425 g tuna in brine, flaked
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- cooked pasta, shapes of your choice to serve
- Fry onions and celery in margarine for 5 mins or until soft and golden.
- Stir in cornflour and curry powder and cook over medium heat for 1-2 mins stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile cook pasta shapes.
- Add chicken stock to cornflour/curry mix and bring to the boil stirring.
- Stir in tuna and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked pasta into individual bowls and serve the tuna over the top. At this stage you may like to try a little freshly squeezed lemon juice over the top.