Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can use French rolls, sub rolls, hard rolls, etc., as long as they're the unsliced kind - best if not too soft and not too hard. Those who like their food more on the spicy side may want to throw something in to heat it up a bit. My mom has been making these for as long as I can remember, so I'm not sure what the original source is, but it's a fantastic and delicious comfort food.
- 6 hoagie rolls, unsliced
- 2 (6 ounce) cans chunk light tuna, drained
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet relish, drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- butter, melted
- Cut holes in top of rolls.
- Tear the cut-out bread into pieces and save to put in with rest of ingredients.
- Brush inside of rolls with melted butter.
- Combine tuna, chopped eggs, relish, Miracle Whip, and most of the cheese cubes.
- Spoon mixture into rolls.
- Put remaining cheese cubes on top.
- Place in shallow pan.
- Bake at 400º F for about 10 minutes.
A nice sandwich. Served as a simple dinner for the family. Adding some chilli flakes may give it a nice kick. Final recipe reviewed for PAC 2012