Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 fat free tortillas (8 1/2 inches)
- 1 (9 1/4 ounce) can tuna, water packed, drained
- 3⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped, drained
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ripe olives, pitted, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place tortillas on an extra large baking sheet. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned.
- Combine tuna, sour cream, and chilies; mix well.
- For each serving, spread someof the tuna mixture on a crisp tortilla.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, olives and cheese.
I love tuna fish sandwiches so I thought I would try this. I didn't add the chilies because we don't like them. I tried putting the shells in the oven and also I tried frying some in the skillet with Pam. I felt that the oven was the best way. I halved the amount of sour cream because I thought it was too runny. I also added cheese in the mix to thicken it up some, plus I added some salt and mustard to give it more flavor. I think I would have liked it better made with mayo instead of sour cream so it would have had more zing. My review might not even be fair because we didn't use the chilies, so keep that in mind when reading this. The chilies would have given it much more flavor. I made this for the Cookbook Tag game.
I was completely surprised by this recipe. I am not a person who cooks with chilies much, but I wanted to try the recipe as is. I would absolutely never leave out the chilies. The combination of these flavors was absolutely great. I tried spraying one tortilla with Pam butter flavored and I brushed the other with melted butter before baking. Both turned out wonderfully, so I will stick with the 0 calorie Pam.
Great recipe, tastes awesome...I made, what I think, are a few improvements: frying the tortillas in olive oil(they just weren't the same when placed in the oven as recommended), and heating the tuna mixture so they were WARM. Otherwise, this recipe puts another face on tuna out of the can.=)