Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A change of pace from a standard tuna salad. Line your serving bowl with salad greens and garnish with Parmesan cheese curls made by 'peeling' a piece of Parmesan cheese with a vegetable peeler.
- 1 (20 ounce) packagefamily size refrigerated cheese tortellini, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces, cooked
- 2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sliced ripe black olives
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- Combine tortellini, green beans, tuna, tomato, olives and green onions in a large bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar and celery salt in a small bowl.
- Stir mayonnaise mixture into pasta mixture. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
An absolutely wonderful easy to assemble salad. Made recipe as posted except cut back a tad on the celery salt. Made for an exceptional tasty luch today. Excellent flavor.. LOVED IT ! Made for Gimme 5.
This was very tasty. I pared the recipe down to 1 serving, using a handful of tortellini and on of those tuna packets. I also used a little extra vinegar, since I like that more than mayo. Very yummy and very easy. In the future, I might make a whole recipe and eat it for lunch for a few days, adding the tomatoes at serving time. But for today, it was a nice easy lunch for me to eat while sitting on the porch.
Wonderful salad. My DH isn't much on salads and loved it. 6 servings, huh? Well we put a pretty good dent in it with just the two of us. Simple and tasty. Thanks Annacia for another keeper.