Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Kraft foods. I eat this when I want my protein levels up up up!!! Of course it does have some fat in it too, but I tried to eliminate some of the fat to make it diet "healthier"! :) I leave out the tomatoes! But that is personal because I don't like them!
- 2 tablespoons vinaigrette (greek style, low fat)
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄3 cup drained canned solid white tuna packed in water, flaked
- 4 tablespoons low fat crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon sliced black olives
- Put dressing in the bottom of a resealable salad sized container.
- Place remaining ingredients on top.
- When ready to eat shake container to coat salad with dressing.
Since I have salads most nights for my supper this one was especially nice with the added tuna. I know I don't get enough protein in my diet being a vegetarian and so thanks for including this in the recipe as a great reminder of how awesome these flavor combinations blend. The only thing I omitted were the black olives per preference. I used Ken's Steak House FF Sun-dried Tomato Vinaigrette dressing. Made for HolidayTag.
Very yummy salad. At first I thought there wasn't going to be enough lettuce. But the amount is spot on, you really get to taste all the other ingredients and not just lettuce. The cucumber adds a nice crisp coolness. This makes a lot for one serving. I whipped it up for my lunch today at home so I really didn't try the shaking the container thing. But I'm sure it would work great. Thanks for posting. :)