1/4 Photos of Tuna Tomato Pasta Sauce
This was also posted in the Montreal Gazette, and looks good as a comfort food dish. Apparently the editors got this recipe from a man named Peter Duffield.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup canned tomato with juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna, drained, flaked
- 2 tablespoons sliced green olives, with some juice
- 1 tablespoon capers, with some juice
- 8 ounces spaghetti or 8 ounces other pastas
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oil in a medium heavy saucepan and cook onion and garlic just until tender.
- 2Add tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper to taste and simmer over low hear for about ten minutes, or until blended and hot.
- 3Add the tuna, olives and capers, if desired, simmer a little longer to thicken sauce.
- 4Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente or just until tender.
- 5Drain and combine with hot tuna-tomato sauce and serve with sprinkled cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Tomato Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 735.2
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 34.9 mg
- Sodium 475.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 38.2 g