Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are very easy and quick to make. They can be whipped up for a fast lunch or served as an appetizer to the main course. They are light and yet satiating--and could very easily fall into the category of a comfort food. Serve on toast, buns, biscuits, crackers, flat bread or pitas. Enjoy!
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna (in water)
- 6 ounces tofu
- 2 tomatoes (Roma)
- 6 cherry tomatoes (yellow)
- 1⁄2 cup spinach
- 1⁄4 cup colby-monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄4 cup 98% fat free broccoli cheese soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 4 slices whole wheat bread (45 calorie)
- Drain tuna and chop vegetables and tofu. Mix first 8 ingredients together and spread on top of toasted bread. Sprinkle with basil and Broil for 5 minutes in a toaster oven. Let cool 1 minute. Slice diagonally. Enjoy!