Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
From an old cookbook and recopied many times. Make toast cups or use Pulsbury Crescent Roll refrigerated dough. Time does not include boiling and cooling eggs. Serve hot or cold.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 large egg, hard boiled and diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise, Miracle Whip
- 4 slices white bread
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- Remove crists from bread slices and brush bread with melted margarine.
- Press each slice into 3 inch muffin-pan cups.
- Bake at 375F about 12 minutes or until golden.
- Mix first five ingredients in bowl; add hot sauce to taste if you like it a bit spicy.
- Spoon mixture into slightly cooled toast cups.
- Bake at 375F for 10 - 15 minutes.