Prep 14 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this laying around the house. made it for my boyfriend and i. both of us loved it. just as good without the tequila as it is with.
- 4 (5 ounce) tuna steaks
- 5 tablespoons sweet style teriyaki sauce
- 3 medium size ripe tomatoes (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tequila (optional)
- Place tuna steaks in plastic resealable bag. add 3 tablespoons of the teriyaki; seal and let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- cut tomatoes in half; squeeze out seeds. chop into 1/2 inch pieces. spread out on paper towels; sprinkle with salt. cover with a layer of paper towels and let stand 15 minutes.
- pat tomatoes dry and place in medium size bowl. stir in remaining 2 tablespoons of the teriyaki, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and tequila, if using. let stand at room temperature until ready to serve.
- meanwhile, heat gas grill to medium-high or prepare a charcoal grill with medium-hot coals. remove tuna from bag; discard marinade. place on grill and cook aobut 3 minutes per side. serve with tomato salsa on the side.
Sorry to say, but we found this tuna a little dry and very bland, the salsa was nice, but somehow it didn't belong with the tuna in our opinion.