Prep 8 hrs
Cook 8 mins
Simple, and delicious! Prep time is chilling time.
Make and share this Tuna Teriyaki recipe from Food.com.
- Make the marinade: put the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine, garlic, sugar, and ginger into a nonmetallic dish.
- Add the tuna steaks to the marinade and turn to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Reserve the marinade.
- Cook the steaks under the broiler, 3" from the heat, brushing with the marinade, for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately, garnished with scallions.
Used very fresh tuna steaks, maybe used a bit more ginger then was stated in the recipe, did not broil them but used my grill pan. This was the best Tuna Teriyaki I have made so far!
I have to say that the cooking method was really good in this recipe, the steaks turned out like the picture flying chef has posted. We thought the marinade needed something else to it. It was just a bit plain for us, but it was a really healthy filling meal! Thanks for posting!
This was delicious! I used rice wine vinegar instead of wine (for lack of) and I used Splenda instead of sugar. The sauce was phenomenal! Thanks for posting.