- 4 (6 ounce) tuna steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced,to garnish
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon japanese rice wine or 1 tablespoon sweet sherry
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the marinade: put the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine, garlic, sugar, and ginger into a nonmetallic dish.
- Add the tuna steaks to the marinade and turn to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Reserve the marinade.
- Cook the steaks under the broiler, 3" from the heat, brushing with the marinade, for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately, garnished with scallions.