Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mom carried this recipe in. Was shared with her by one of her co-workers at PRC. I omit the pimiento and the bread crumbs. I always add mushrooms. My husband and grand daughter request sliced water chestnuts. Can add peas, broccoli and or cheese.Pick a favorite veggie and it is a meal all by its self. I mix everything in the electric skillet and don't bother with the oven during the summer. Play with this one, create what you like and make it your own.
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or cream soup of choice)
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons pimiento (optional)
- 8 ounces sea shell macaroni (or rotini or what you like)
- 1⁄4 cup buttered bread crumb
- Cook celery and onion in butter till crisp tender but not brown.
- If you are not going to bake, do this in very large skillet.
- Add extras now.
- Blend in soup and milk.
- Add tuna and pimiento.
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni as directed, drain.
- If you are baking, combine pasta and tuna in 2 quart casserole (if you added much extra get a bigger casserole).
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
My mom used to make this when I was a kid, and now it's one of my family's favorites. I sometimes even have to double the recipe, because my daughters wolf it down so fast. Great comfort food.
Made with exact ingredients;very good and comforting.
This was really good! You can add whatever you want to the sauce its very adaptable. I didn't use the pimentos as I didn't have any. I used wagon wheel pasta as I didn't have seashells. Thank you for posting!