Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from the CDKitchen. It is excellent! Great as a meal, or as an appetizer. Lite, healthy and scrumptious!
sesame wonton crisps
- 12 wonton wrappers (can substitute egg roll wrappers)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 6 ounces sushi-grade tuna, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons green onions, green parts only, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- fresh cilantro stem (to garnish)
- Sesame Wonton Crisps: Preheat oven to 350°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the wonton squares on an angle to make two triangles. Arrange the wonton triangles on the baking sheet. Spray with olive oil on one side (or brush lightly). Sprinkle lightly with sesame seeds. Bake until golden, about 6 minutes. (Can burn easily so watch carefully). Let cool. (Alternatively, if you want cups, put the oiled whole wrappers in mini muffin tins). Remove triangles from the pan and let cook on a cooling rack.
- Tuna Tartar: Mix tuna, green onions, sesame seeds, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, orange zest, cilantro and salt together in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Assembly: Right before ready to serve, add the avocado and lime juice. (Do not mix in advance.) Place a heaping teaspoon of the tuna mixture on each wonton triangle. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro. Serve immediately. It is important that the tuna is not left at room temperature for more than 1 hour.
This was really delicious and surprisingly easy. I made the wonton cups and have to say that I ended up not really eating them. The important part of this dish is the tuna tartare itself. Just the right balance of flavors. I ended up making a meal of this. Next time, I will probably try the wonton triangles. Thanks for sharing! Made for Fall PAC 2011.
Hi greetings from Portugal, I used this receipe as an appetizer last weekened as I had a buch of friends over, and it was a total hit everyone wanted the receipe. Thanks so much for sharing this great receipe, I will be keeping this in my receipebox its winner in my book!!!!
I have this in my to-do book, but wanted to report that I used the wonton cups (done in the mini muffin tin) for ceviche recipe and it was awesome! So cute! I will definitely be back to make this in the very near future! But thanks for the sesame wonton recipe.