Recipe by christytownshend
This is the exact recipe for Sweet Tomatoes/Soup Plantation's Salad. I go there as often as possible for this salad. Finally learned how to make it myself. Word to the wise, DO NOT TASTE IT BEFORE THE 8 HOURS OR IT WON'T TASTE RIGHT. Trust me, its worth the wait!
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 cups small shell pasta
- 1 1⁄4 cups penne pasta
- 1 cup spinach fettuccine (3-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water
- 2 cups sweet pickle juice (small jar contains about 1 cup)
- 1 3⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet pickles (diced)
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried tarragon leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For the pasta: In a large pot, bring 3 quarts of water and 1 tablespoon salt to a full boil. Add pastas and cook for about 10 minutes until al dente. Immediately strain pasta and cool by running cold water over pasta in strainer. Drain pasta completely and place in a bowl. Coat pasta with canola oil to prevent sticking.
- For the dressing: Place tuna in a large bowl and break down into small pieces. Add the remaining dressing ingredients and thoroughly whisk to combine.
- Combine the dressing and cooked pasta and mix thoroughly. ALLOW SALAD TO MARINATE FOR 8 HOURS! After 8 hours, top with more pickle juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bon Apetite!