Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on Epicurious. I made some changes, so this is the modified version. I really liked how these turned out, great for anyone who doesn't like the taste of fish but has to eat it anyway! For the cream cheese dip, I used Philadelphia Onion Flavour dips, but I suppose any flavour or even plain cream cheese would work. The original recipe called for cilantro, but I replaced it with parsley since I find cilantro has a bit too strong a flavour for my family.
- 1⁄8 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 cup cream cheese dip
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 chipotle chiles, from can with adobe sauce, chopped plus adobe sauce to taste
- 5 ounces tuna steaks, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 tablespoon taco seasoning mix (I use Basic Taco/Fajita Seasoning)
- 3 -4 taco shells, hard or soft or tortilla wraps
- Mix sour cream, cream cheese, red onion, parsley and chipotle chillies and sauce in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, sprinkle tuna pieces with taco seasoning mix.
- Saute tuna in hot oil for about 3 minutes, depending on your preference and size of pieces.
- Reduce heat to medium low and stir in sour cream and cheese mixture.
- Cook for additional 2 minutes or so just until heated through but don't bring it to a boil.
- Serve on soft or hard taco shells with various topings. I used shredded cheese and lettuce, but avocado would probably be good on here too.