Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I have listed both tuna and swordfish steaks as both fish go really well with this Thai dressing. This is a super easy and quick recipe to prepare.
- 4 tuna steaks (swordfish steaks can be huge so you may want to buy 2 and cut in half if they are of a generous size) or 4 swordfish steaks (swordfish steaks can be huge so you may want to buy 2 and cut in half if they are of a generous size)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- Heat an oiled pan, add fish and cook 3-4 minutes a side, or until cooked as desired. Tuna steaks are better pink in the middle and not overcooked, as they tend to become dry and quite tough.
- Combine all the other ingredients in a jar and shake until mixed.
- Note. you can adjust sweet chili and lime juice amounts e.g. more or less of each depending on your taste.
- To serve place fish on plate drizzle with sauce and serve with salad greens on the side.
AMAZING! So quick and easy to make, I read someone's review and used RECIPE 206003 to make my own Chili Sauce. Had left over Thai Dressing, so I'm going to buy more Tuna (I used yellowfin or yellowtail) and we are going to have it again later this week. Thanks SO VERY MUCH for the OUTSTANDING recipe!!!
Yum! My fishmonger brings fresh fish every Tuesday and Thursday, he said the Tuna was Sashimi grade but I had to try this recipe, I wasn't disappointed! The sauce flavours were outstanding, I can't say I have tried that sauce in Thailand but they do use all the ingredients in different recipes. I might try the sauce with base or nile perch, because I really enjoyed it. Thank you so much The Flying Chef for your wonderful recipe.
This recipe really pleased our taste buds. Had along with my Asian Coleslaw and steamed broccoli for dinner and we both really enjoyed it. DS says we can have this again this week :) We just might do that but I might try salmon for something a little different. I am sure it will be just as amazing with the salmon! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us