Recipe by nvermd
From the Phila. Inquirer
Top Review by DavisGirl
This was very good. I didnt read the recipe correctly, so I actually used tuna steak and cooked it medium rare on the grill, then spooned the sauce over it and rice. Also, I did not have enough pineapple juice so I used half orange juice. My husband loved it. Thanks for posting it.
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tuna, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté peppers and pineapple in butter.
- Add 1/4 cup pineapple juice; cover and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup pineapple juice with cornstarch.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and broth.
- Add to pepper mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add tuna and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat until hot.
- Serve with cooked rice.