Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is not your usual Tuna Salad, My husband started me on this and it really is good. My father is extremely picky about his tuna salad but ate 3 sandwiches.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tuna in water (Drained)
- 1 (6 ounce) package ramen noodles (Less the Seasoning)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium jalapenos, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup Fritos chili cheese corn chips (Crushed)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (Sounds alot but it really isn't)
- 3 tablespoons of the jalapeno juice
- In Sauce pan fix the noodles according to the package directions. DO NOT ADD THE SEASONING POUCH.
- Crush the Fritos in a zip lock bag (Chili Cheese or BBQ Only).
- Chop the Onion finely or to the thickness of your liking.
- Chop the Jalopenos finely.
- Open the tuna and drain and put in large mixing bowl.
- Add Mayo, Onion, Jalopenos, Fritos, and the Jalopeno Juice.
- When the Noodles are done add them.
- Mix well and put on your favorite bread.
- For Diabetics: Use Nature's Own White Wheat Bread it only has 17g of Carbs for 2 slices of bread.
Definetly a surprise. Did not use as a sandwich filling. Ate as a salad with crackers. Not sure, but will try it again to see if taste grows on you. Adopted for Spring 2008 PAC.