Recipe by Cajun Woman
This is not your usual Tuna Salad, My husband started me on this and it really is good. My father is extremely picky about his tuna salad but ate 3 sandwiches.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Definetly a surprise. Did not use as a sandwich filling. Ate as a salad with crackers. Not sure, but will try it again to see if taste grows on you. Adopted for Spring 2008 PAC.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tuna in water (Drained)
- 1 (6 ounce) package ramen noodles (Less the Seasoning)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium jalapenos, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup Fritos chili cheese corn chips (Crushed)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (Sounds alot but it really isn't)
- 3 tablespoons of the jalapeno juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In Sauce pan fix the noodles according to the package directions. DO NOT ADD THE SEASONING POUCH.
- Crush the Fritos in a zip lock bag (Chili Cheese or BBQ Only).
- Chop the Onion finely or to the thickness of your liking.
- Chop the Jalopenos finely.
- Open the tuna and drain and put in large mixing bowl.
- Add Mayo, Onion, Jalopenos, Fritos, and the Jalopeno Juice.
- When the Noodles are done add them.
- Mix well and put on your favorite bread.
- For Diabetics: Use Nature's Own White Wheat Bread it only has 17g of Carbs for 2 slices of bread.