Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Colourful and tasty - these stuffed peppers make a great dinner party appetizer or quick snack.
Make and share this Tuna Stuffed Cheesy Topped Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 6 large bell peppers, colour of your choice
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 lb tuna in water
- sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Strain tuna and mix with lemon, salt and pepper.
- Wash and slice peppers in half and remove seeds. Fill peppers with tuna mixture.
- Grate and crumble generous portions of the cheese over the tuna peppers.
- Drizzle a baking tray with olive oil and place peppers in this under a medium heat broiler for several minutes until the cheese in browned and bubbling.
- Serve with a small side salad.