Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
Something different and I love tuna.
Make and share this Tuna Stuffed Bell Peppers Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large green bell peppers
- 1 cup raw long grain rice, cooked according to package directions and seasoned to taste
- 1 (6 ounce) canchunk light tuna packed in oil, drained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cups hot water
- Cut a wide circle around the stems of the peppers; lift off the lids and discard.
- Scoop out and discard seeds and membranes; trim the bottoms of the peppers so they will stand up straight and not tilt over; arrange peppers in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the rice, tuna, onion, corn, mushrooms, salt, pepper, and paprika to taste.
- Stuff equal amounts of the tuna mixture into the peppers; spoon equal amounts of chopped tomato over the mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Pour hot waer around the peppers;.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until the tops are golden.
- Carefully lift peppers out of the casserole using a slotted spoon and place on individual plates.