Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
You could use canned salmon instead of the tuna. Save half of the pulp for making your own guacamole! To say this serves two is probably a stretch. *Don't toss the avocado shells!*
- 1 ripe avocado
- 118.29 ml canned tuna, drained
- 14.79 ml mayonnaise
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 0.59 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml wine vinegar
- Mix the tuna, mayo, oregano, onion powder and vinegar together.
- Slice the avocado in half length-wise (hot dog bun style). Remove the seed.
- Scoop out the pulp, mixing half of it into the tuna mixture.
- Stuff the tuna mixture into the avocado "shells".
I love tuna and I love avocado so this is a great jumping off point for sandwiches. I used a whole can (6oz) of tuna, left out the mayo and added about a tsp of dijon mustard, some salt&pepper, and a bit of paprika. I also used rice vinegar. I put it in pita halves with a bit of romaine, et voila! Yum!
WOWZER!!! This stuff just rocks my world! It's THAT good and then some. (: Healthy, too! Thanks for posting the quick and delicious recipe, JESMom.