Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this from a website, and modified it a bit
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream soup
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup peas
- 1 (6 ounce) can canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Melt butter in skillet; sauté onion until tender.
- Combine soup, sour cream and pepper; add to onion and peas if using.
- Add tuna; heat through.
- Serve tuna stroganoff over hot cooked noodles or rice.
I always appreciate an easy stove-top recipe and thought this was good. I used Smart Balance Light instead of margarine, 98% Fat Free Cream of Celery Soup and light sour cream. The directions say to add "pepper", but there is no amount listed in the ingredients so I just sprinkled until it looked right to me. The only thing I thought was missing was grated cheddar cheese, because that is the way I have always eaten tuna casserole. I served this over egg noodles.
I liked it, but it was not as good as a basic tuna casserole. The mixture of flavors tasted a bit 'off'.