Recipe by Dancer^
I just love this, serve with a tossed salad, roasted potatoes and crusty bread. Or just serve as is with just the bread.
Top Review by RonaNZ
Start with beautiful fresh tuna and sweet red pepper, you can't go wrong. Delicious. Did I make it right? I like my tuna very rare so I cooked that first and then made the sauce as it was resting. Is the sauce meant to have diced or strips of pepper - or put through a sieve/blended? I went for diced.
- 2 tuna steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a hot skillet.
- Sear tuna steaks on both sides.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter and stir in 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Add 3/4 cup of white wine and then add the flour and butter mixture.
- Add roasted red pepers and seasonings.
- Stir sauce until mixed well.
- Cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until desired doneness is reached.