Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I just love this, serve with a tossed salad, roasted potatoes and crusty bread. Or just serve as is with just the bread.
- 2 tuna steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a hot skillet.
- Sear tuna steaks on both sides.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter and stir in 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Add 3/4 cup of white wine and then add the flour and butter mixture.
- Add roasted red pepers and seasonings.
- Stir sauce until mixed well.
- Cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until desired doneness is reached.
Start with beautiful fresh tuna and sweet red pepper, you can't go wrong. Delicious. Did I make it right? I like my tuna very rare so I cooked that first and then made the sauce as it was resting. Is the sauce meant to have diced or strips of pepper - or put through a sieve/blended? I went for diced.