Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here's another great WW recipe. This is a quick and easy recipe that tastes great during the hot long days and nights of summer! WW = 4 points
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1⁄3 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup avocado, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 (8 ounce) tuna steaks
- Cook onion & garlic in skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray over medium-high 4 minutes or until onion if softened.
- Stir in vinegar, sugar and red pepper.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in oranges, tomato, avocado and lime juice.
- Set aside.
- Cook tuna steaks on grill (inside or out) 4 minutes on each side.
- Halve each steak and serve immediately with salsa.
This was good, but not especially to our tastes. The salsa was a little sweet in our opinion, and I think that I slightly overcooked the tuna. This was my first attempt at grilling tuna at home, and it didn't seem as good as that I have enjoyed in restaurants. It might have just been my own inexperience, though.