Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil (preferably Portuguese)
- 4 tuna steaks (each 6-8 ounces and about 1 inch thick)
- 8 bay leaves
- Combine the garlic, salt, oregano, basil, and pepper in a mortar and pound to a paste with a pestle; then work in enough oil to achieve a spreading consistency, 1-2 tablespoons.
- Rinse the tuna steaks under cold running water, then drain and blot dry
- with paper towels.
- Where,s the rest of the directions?