Griddled or broiled tuna steak cooked with a hint of garlic & chili.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (9 ounce) tuna steaks (about 1in thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, leaves (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers in brine (drained and finely chopped)
- salt, to taste
- 1Preheat a griddle pan until smoking hot or preheat the broiler to high then reduce the heat to medium-high.
- 2In a medium size bowl, whisk the oil with the water until thick and creamy. Whisk in the lemon juice with a few pinches of salt. Stir in the garlic, oregano, capers, chilies and parsley.
- 3Lightly brush the tuna steaks with the spicy dressing and cook on the preheated griddle pan or under the broiler for 2 minutes on each side.
- 4To serve, make a diagonal cut in the middle of the tuna steak so you get 2 pieces per portion. Place the pieces, overlapped, in the middle of a serving plate and drizzle over the spicy dressing.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Steak With Garlic & Chili
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.9
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 96.9 mg
- Sodium 228.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 59.7 g