Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great supper dish, I serve this with a mixed salad and a jacket potato.
- 2 tuna steaks, 1 per person
- cooking spray
- 1 red chili pepper, chopped finely
- 1 lime, juice of
- good quality olive oil
- In a mixing bowl add the juice of a lime, half as much olive oil, a teaspoon of chilli and salt. Mix well and leave to one side.
- Heat a griddle pan on the stove to a medium heat. Coat each tuna steak with spray oil and place on the griddle.
- Turn the fish every minute or so until the tuna starts to lose the raw pink colour. Griddle until the fish is cooked all the way through. I like my tuna well done but it can be served pink in the centre.
- Once you are satisfied the fish is cooked to your tastes, put on serving plates and pour the chilli and lime dressing over the fish. Serve with a rice, potatoes or bread and a large mixed salad.