Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy to make and tasty... From the Canned Food Council
- 1 (12 ounce) canwhite tuna in water
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped roasted cashews
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1⁄3 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (or yogurt “cheese”)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 cup cheese crackers, crushed into coarse crumbs
- Drain tuna.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Grease 7 x 11 baking dish.
- Mix tuna, celery, cashews, water chestnuts, onions, peppers and one cup of cheese together.
- Mix mayo, lemon juice, sour cream and seasoned salt together.
- Add to tuna mixture.
- Soon into baking dish.
- Top with cracker crumbs and ½ cup cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until bubbly and brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand for several minutes.