Recipe by LUVMY2BOYS
I need to give props to Spaghetti & Tuna cuz it gave me the start to come up with this recipe! It has an Italian flair to it & comes together very quickly. Please feel free to play around with the spices that are mixed into the pasta; these were my personal choices. It's delicious & healthy, too. Please enjoy!
Top Review by sams1
Made this tonight - made a very nice simple meal. I must admit that I combined all ingredients (not cheese) and put in oven with cheese on top. Added a dash of lemon juice. If anything - its a little dry - but this can be easily rectified.
It an honest, easy, simple meal using things just from the cupboard. thanks for posting.
- 2 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Fat Free (I'm sure any kind of butter will do!)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- 1⁄16 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese (I use reduced fat, you can use more cheese if you like)
- 2 -3 tablespoons frozen peas (I use about 2 tbsp)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti until tender but firm (about 3-5 minutes); drain.
- Mix the next six ingredients into the pasta; mix well until pasta is coated.
- Put the pasta into a small casserole dish. Top with tuna, then cheese. Sprinkle with peas.
- I choose to bake this at 350 for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted & casserole is heated through. But I'm sure you could omit the baking step if desired. I usually eat half of this for a lunch with some salad & I'm full!