Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Deliciously flavored tuna with a fresh sauce reminiscent of chimichurri. This is awesome served over couscous.
- 680.38 g tuna steaks, cut into 1 1/4 inch cubes
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 9.85 ml lemon zest, finely grated
- 2.46 ml ground coriander
- 14.78 ml ground cumin
- 9.85 ml paprika
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 118.29 ml flat leaf parsley, minced
- 118.29 ml cilantro, minced
- 78.07 ml lemon juice
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes so they don't burn.
- Place the tuna in a shallow non-metallic dish. In a small bowl, combine the oil, cumin and lemon rind and pour over the tuna. Toss to coat, then cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the chermoula, place the coriander, cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper in a small frying pan and toast over medium heat for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. DO NOT BURN! Combine with the remaining chermoula ingredients and set aside.
- Thread the tuna onto the skewers. Lightly oil your indoor grill or your barbeque and cook the skewers for 1 minute on each side for rare, or 2 minutes for medium.
- Serve the skewers on a bed of couscous and drizzle with the chermoula.
Wow and Wow! We loved this! The only thing I would change would be to decrease the lemon juice to allow more of the other flavors to come through. Next time I will cook a tuna steak and thinly slice it before serving. Made for ZWT for the Gourment Goddesses July 2013.
Excellent tuna skewers! We loved the flavorful chermoula. DH, who made dinner, did reduce the amount of lemon juice, per personal taste and because we were serving it over a lemony couscous, Recipe #505110. We would have these tuna skewers again. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT9.