1/3 Photos of Tuna Skewers With Moroccan Spices and Chermoula
Deliciously flavored tuna with a fresh sauce reminiscent of chimichurri. This is awesome served over couscous.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g tuna steaks, cut into 1 1/4 inch cubes
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 9.85 ml lemon zest, finely grated
- 1If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes so they don't burn.
- 2Place the tuna in a shallow non-metallic dish. In a small bowl, combine the oil, cumin and lemon rind and pour over the tuna. Toss to coat, then cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, for the chermoula, place the coriander, cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper in a small frying pan and toast over medium heat for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. DO NOT BURN! Combine with the remaining chermoula ingredients and set aside.
- 4Thread the tuna onto the skewers. Lightly oil your indoor grill or your barbeque and cook the skewers for 1 minute on each side for rare, or 2 minutes for medium.
- 5Serve the skewers on a bed of couscous and drizzle with the chermoula.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Skewers With Moroccan Spices and Chermoula
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.7
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 76.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 40.7 g