Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Antipasto is creative, savory and versatile. This one works on cheese and crackers, as part of an antipasto platter or in a sandwich.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups tiny cauliflower florets
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sweet green pepper
- 1 (170 g) can solid white tuna, drained
- 1 (106 g) can small shrimp, drained
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook cauliflower, onion, garlic, mushrooms and pepper, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add ketchup, black and green olives, green pepper, tuna, shrimp and vinegar; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until thickened enough to mound on spoon. Stir in parsley. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 1 month. Makes 4 cups.
- Canadian Living Gifts from Your Kitchen.