Recipe by Montana Heart Song
Quick and easy! I made two pans, one Tuna or fish and the other beef or chicken. Same amount of time in the oven. Reader will not recognize (1) 10 3/4 oz. can of soup.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) canmild diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (14 ounce) canchunk style albacore tuna, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell's Campbell southwest-style pepper jack soup
- 3 tomatillos, skinned finely chopped (optional)
- 1 (28 ounce) canla victoria mild green enchilada sauce
- 10 -12 medium size corn tortillas
- Pam cooking spray
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (optional)
- 2 sliced avocados
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl, add cream cheese, mild diced green chilies (the whole can), cumin. Mix well until smooth. Add the tuna, if large chunks, take a fork and split. Mix lightly. Add the soup and tomatillos and mix.
- In large diameter sauce pan warm the enchilada Sauce.
- Spray Pam on 9 X 13 pan.
- Preheat over 375*.
- Dip each tortilla in the sauce quickly, drain over saucepan and fill with a spoon of tuna mixture.on the lower portion. Roll up, and put in pan, seam side down.
- If you are going to cook immediately pour the enchilada sauce over the top.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes.
- Last five minutes of baking, sprinkle shredded cheese down the middle if desired.
- Garnish with sliced avocados dipped in lemon juice for each individual serving.
- Note: If making ahead and refrigerating, do not pour the enchilada sauce over the dish until it is ready to go in the oven.