Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a new take on an old sauce. DH loves peppers any way,any type,any place. He must eat lots of vegetables so I came up with this sauce.
- 2 (340.19 g) can canned tuna, drained
- 44.37 ml margarine
- 59.16 ml white flour or 59.16 ml rice flour
- 946.36 ml 2% low-fat milk or 946.36 ml milk, of your choice
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, cored, seeded
- 9.85 ml bonapetit seasoning (McCormick)
- 2.46 ml white pepper or 2.46 ml black pepper
- Preheat oven 450*.
- Put red pepper on tray and roast until skin starts to shrivel and turn a little brown.
- Take out and put in brown paper sack to cool.Throw skin away.Core & seed. When cool cut in slivers or diced in small pieces.
- In medium saucepan, add tuna, margarine and flour, mix well, stirring in so there is no lumps and no white flour showing, blended.
- Add the milk all at once, and stir.
- Turn heat to medium and add red pepper slivers.
- Stir, it will slowly thicken to a thin to medium sauce consistency. It you want it thicker,take out 1/2 cup of sauce and add a little flour to it mix and put back in the sauce and stir.
- Add Bonapetit seasoning (celery seed, onion & salt, powdered) and pepper of your choice.
- I did not make it too peppery to taste.
- Serve over toasted French Bread, rice, curly noodles or orzo.