Montana Heart Song's Note:
This is a new take on an old sauce. DH loves peppers any way,any type,any place. He must eat lots of vegetables so I came up with this sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) cans canned tuna, drained
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 4 tablespoons white flour or 4 tablespoons rice flour
- 4 cups 2% low-fat milk or 4 cups milk, of your choice
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, cored, seeded
- 2 teaspoons bonapetit seasoning (McCormick)
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper or 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Preheat oven 450*.
- 2Put red pepper on tray and roast until skin starts to shrivel and turn a little brown.
- 3Take out and put in brown paper sack to cool.Throw skin away.Core & seed. When cool cut in slivers or diced in small pieces.
- 4In medium saucepan, add tuna, margarine and flour, mix well, stirring in so there is no lumps and no white flour showing, blended.
- 5Add the milk all at once, and stir.
- 6Turn heat to medium and add red pepper slivers.
- 7Stir, it will slowly thicken to a thin to medium sauce consistency. It you want it thicker,take out 1/2 cup of sauce and add a little flour to it mix and put back in the sauce and stir.
- 8Add Bonapetit seasoning (celery seed, onion & salt, powdered) and pepper of your choice.
- 9I did not make it too peppery to taste.
- 10Serve over toasted French Bread, rice, curly noodles or orzo.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Sauce With Sweet Red Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.7
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 55.2 mg
- Sodium 520.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 29.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: