1/1 Photo of Tuna Sandwiches, Nicoise Style
This is a French-inspired tuna salad sandwich, which is an adapted recipe from Sara Moulton. Cook time does not include hard boiling the eggs (you could do that ahead of time).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs, hard boiled, cooled and peeled and chopped
- 1/4 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh dill leaves, chopped
- 6 large lettuce leaves, chopped (I use romaine or boston)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I like Hellmans)
- 1/3 cup kalamata olive, drained and pitted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 12 ounces solid tuna in water
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices of good bakery bread
- 1.Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the green beans. When the water comes back to a boil, take the green beans out and add to a bowl of ice water. Once they are cooled, drain them, pat dry and chop.
- 2Combine the mayo, olives and lemon juice in a food processor and process until just about smooth. Transfer this mixture to a bowl.
- 3Drain the tuna and stir it into the mayo mixture. Add the eggs, tomatoes, green beans, dill, and the salt and pepper (to taste) and mix together.
- 4Toast the bread slices. Divide the tuna onto 4 slices of the bread, top with lettuce and remaining bread slices.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Sandwiches, Nicoise Style
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.3
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 138.1 mg
- Sodium 932.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 29.7 g