1/1 Photo of Tuna Sandwich Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
Motley Oklahoman's Note:
Take a tuna sandwich, and add eggs, milk and canned soup = tuna sandwich casserole!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (or other seafood seasoning)
- 6 dashes louisiana hot sauce (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1Grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside.
- 2Trim the crusts from the bread slices. Spread a side of 6 of the bread slices with half of the softened butter. Place the bread slices , buttered side up over the bottom of the prepared baking dish, trimming slices as necessary to fit; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, stir together the tuna, celery, onion, and garlic. Add the mayonnaise and spices; stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- 4Spread the tuna mixture over the buttered bread slices in the baking dish. Spread the remaining butter over a side of each of the remaining bread slices. Place the bread slices, buttered side up, over the tuna mixture, trimming the slices as necessary to fit.
- 5In a large bowl using a wire whisk, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk and undiluted cream of mushroom soup; mix well. Carefully pour the soup mixture evenly over the bread and tuna layers in the baking dish. Cover the baking dish and chill in the refridgerator overnight.
- 6Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake the casserole, uncovered, in the oven about 1 hour or until the top of the casserole is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Sandwich Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.0
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 187.4 mg
- Sodium 820.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 28.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning