Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple and filling
- 170 g tuna, flakes (1 Can)
- 4 slices white bread
- lettuce leaf
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 chili (optional)
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 pinches black pepper, cracked
- Drain oil from Tuna and put in medium glass bowl.
- Finely chop onion, parsley and chilli and add to bowl.
- Add butter, crushed pepper, salt and lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Butter 2 bread slice and put lettuce.
- Put enough Tuna mix and spread evenly.
- Cut and Serve as desired.
To me, a homemade tuna sandwich is tuna and mayo on white bread. However, I loved the Thai Tuna wraps the place on the corner used to make. Don't know why it never occurred to me that I could make that at home! I used 2 green onions and sriracha for the chilis. Didn't have any lettuce so I chopped up a stalk of celery. 1/2 on a tortilla for lunch. Wonderful. The next day I added sliced avocado to the wrap. Also wonderful.