Recipe by Bippie
From Mission Foods. This is a great way to have a tasty low-carb lunch or snack.
Top Review by Chickermunker
I just mixed the tuna and chunky salsa and left off the mayo and mustard; my boyfriend likes it better that way. I prefer traditional mayo/mustard/pickle tuna; it was easy to divide the tuna and prepare two half recipes.
- 1 (7 ounce) envelope chunk light tuna or 1 (7 ounce) envelope albacore tuna
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded lettuce
- 3⁄4 cup mild shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 soft taco-size low-carb tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm each tortilla according to package directions: I just wrap them in a paper towel and microwave for 20 seconds.
- In a small bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients in the order given, mixing well to create a "tuna salsa" mix.
- Lay each one of the warmed tortillas on a cutting board. In the center of each tortilla, place an equal portion of the shredded lettuce, tuna mixture and top each with a pinch of shredded cheese.
- Fold the long end of the tortilla over the ingredients, roll tightly and enjoy.