Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Mission Foods. This is a great way to have a tasty low-carb lunch or snack.
- 1 (7 ounce) envelope chunk light tuna or 1 (7 ounce) envelope albacore tuna
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded lettuce
- 3⁄4 cup mild shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 soft taco-size low-carb tortillas
- Warm each tortilla according to package directions: I just wrap them in a paper towel and microwave for 20 seconds.
- In a small bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients in the order given, mixing well to create a "tuna salsa" mix.
- Lay each one of the warmed tortillas on a cutting board. In the center of each tortilla, place an equal portion of the shredded lettuce, tuna mixture and top each with a pinch of shredded cheese.
- Fold the long end of the tortilla over the ingredients, roll tightly and enjoy.
I just mixed the tuna and chunky salsa and left off the mayo and mustard; my boyfriend likes it better that way. I prefer traditional mayo/mustard/pickle tuna; it was easy to divide the tuna and prepare two half recipes.
My husband doens't like tuna so when he's working I try to eat tuna based meals. As a result I'm always looking for new & interesting options. What I liked about this recipe is the addition of the carrots and salsa. I'm not big on mayo so I sub'd some cottage cheese & cream cheese. I also added some celery, bell peppers & jalapenos. I blended mine in a mini processor and, although it came out quite runny, the tortilla kept everything nicely together for eating. Tasty recipe, thanks for sharing.
This was just alright for me. I think I should have added more taco sauce ( I don't like salsa for the chunks) but I was afraid to because I'm not a spicy-sort of gal, LOL. So I do need to add more to it to taste it, all in all, easy and filling!