Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
NON FAT, VERY LOW IN CALORIES YET TOTALLY FLAVORFUL AND EASY TO MAKE.
Make and share this Tuna Salsa Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 can flaked lite tuna in water
- 3 tablespoons salsa (sugarless)
- salt and pepper
- break apart lettuce into medium pieces (do not cut into small pieces) into bowl.
- add strained plain tuna (no condiments added) to bowl of lettuce.
- add salsa, salt and pepper and mix together.
I never thought of having tuna salad this way. It was so good! I used a mild salsa (not chunky with liquid) which kept it really moist just as if i had used mayo (which i dont necessarily care for). I bet the same idea would be good to use with maybe a marinara sauce in place of the salsa in the tuna salad and put on a bagel with some provolone or motz cheese(of course remove the lettuce too). Yum! Thanks again for such a good idea. This could go so many ways! I will def keep using this recipe in the future. -youngone16