Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple recipe, quick prep, and makes a complete meal. It is great to bring with you to work since it will endure several hours at room temperature. Use your favorite rice, and you can substitute any vegetable you like. Also, the apple vinegar is optional but recommended.
- 850.48 g canned light chunk tuna in water (strained)
- 29.58 ml apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 133.10 ml mayonnaise or 133.10 ml Miracle Whip
- 73.94 ml grey poupon creamy light Dijon mustard
- 73.94 ml sweet relish
- 946.36 ml cooked rice
- 236.59 ml cooked sweet peas
- Strain as much water as you are able from the tuna.
- Combine all ingredients except rice and peas in order of ingredients listed inside a quart size (or larger) Glad Ware container.
- Mix thoroughly. (That makes the Tuna Salad.).
- Mix in the rice.
- Mix in the peas.
- Eat, or cover and store in the refrigerator.
Awesome Recipe! I used regular Mustard instead of Dijon, and to give it a sweeter kick, I added a couple cups of sugar. I was careful not to add too much as the sugar would have been over powering, but it was the perfect amount! I recommend to all
Tasty dish. I was a little skeptical about the amount of mustard, but was pleasantly surprised. I think I'll add some chopped red onion next time, to zip it up some more. Personal preference. The salad is still good as written. :)