Recipe by omniminded
Simple recipe, quick prep, and makes a complete meal. It is great to bring with you to work since it will endure several hours at room temperature. Use your favorite rice, and you can substitute any vegetable you like. Also, the apple vinegar is optional but recommended.
Top Review by Steven S.
Awesome Recipe! I used regular Mustard instead of Dijon, and to give it a sweeter kick, I added a couple cups of sugar. I was careful not to add too much as the sugar would have been over powering, but it was the perfect amount! I recommend to all
- 30 ounces canned light chunk tuna in water (strained)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 9 tablespoons mayonnaise or 9 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 5 tablespoons grey poupon creamy light Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons sweet relish
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup cooked sweet peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Strain as much water as you are able from the tuna.
- Combine all ingredients except rice and peas in order of ingredients listed inside a quart size (or larger) Glad Ware container.
- Mix thoroughly. (That makes the Tuna Salad.).
- Mix in the rice.
- Mix in the peas.
- Eat, or cover and store in the refrigerator.