Recipe by Juenessa
This is a delicious tuna salad, and a nice variation from the traditional mayo based recipes.
Top Review by Engrossed
This was EXCELLENT FLAVORFUL and COLORFUL! The ingredients really do go well together. I used 2(6oz) cans of tuna and didn't bother to toast the almonds. We really enjoyed this just after it was made but it didn't sit well overnight in the refrigerator...it became bitter for some reason...so I'd say serve it right away and make an amount that won't leave leftovers. Made for the Zaar tag game.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 seedless oranges, peel and white pith removed
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (9 ounce) canwhite meat tuna in water, drained well, separated into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk oil, vinegar and garlic in large bowl to blend.
- Working over bowl with dressing, cut oranges between membranes, releasing segments into bowl.
- Add onion, bell pepper, tuna, olives and parsley; toss.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover; refrigerate.).
- Divide salad greens among plates.
- Spoon tuna salad over, dividing equally.
- Garnish with almonds.