1/1 Photo of Tuna Salad With Olives, Orange and Bell Pepper
This is a delicious tuna salad, and a nice variation from the traditional mayo based recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 seedless oranges, peel and white pith removed
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (9 ounce) can white meat tuna in water, drained well, separated into chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1Whisk oil, vinegar and garlic in large bowl to blend.
- 2Working over bowl with dressing, cut oranges between membranes, releasing segments into bowl.
- 3Add onion, bell pepper, tuna, olives and parsley; toss.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5(Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover; refrigerate.).
- 6Divide salad greens among plates.
- 7Spoon tuna salad over, dividing equally.
- 8Garnish with almonds.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Salad With Olives, Orange and Bell Pepper
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.7
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 28.1 mg
- Sodium 256.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives
mixed salad greens