Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Food & Wine. August 2007. They suggest stuffing this into pitas. YUM!
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 small fennel bulb, cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, peeled seeded and diced
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna packed in oil, drained
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- lettuce leaves or pita bread, for serving
- In a bowl, whisk the shallot, vinegar, oil, sugar and tarragon.
- Add the fennel and cucumber and toss. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the tuna to the salad and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the salad into lettuce leaves or pita bread and serve.