Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I threw this together one day to accompany a meal. I arranged all the ingredients artfully and was surprised that it tasted as good as it looked! Luckily I wrote it down immediately and can thus make it again and share the recipe.
- 6 leaves cos lettuce (enough to fill your bowl 2/3)
- 4 slices onions (thinly sliced, rings separated, salted, rinsed and drained)
- 3 -4 slices red peppers (cut crossways to make rings)
- 3 -4 slices green peppers (cut crossways)
- 2 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 1 medium tomatoes (peeled and finely chopped)
- 8 capers
- 2 tablespoons carrots (finely grated)
- 3 kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 90 -100 g tuna in vegetable oil (or brine)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives (1/2 tsp dried)
- Wash lettuce well and shake out the moisture. (You can use a salad spinner if you have one).
- Finely chop lettuce into ribbons and place on the bottom of a salad bowl.
- Scatter spring onion over lettuce and arrange onion rings and red and green pepper rings in a circle in the middle of the bowl.
- Sprinkle grated carrot and parsley over salad.
- Salt tomatoes and mix in the capers. Place in the centre of the salad.
- Add drained tuna around tomato mix and top with olives.
- Shake dressing well in a jam jar and pour as much as desired over salad.