Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is our favorite tuna salad. The flavor of capers and basil are essential for this recipe.
- 400 g tuna (canned)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 10 basil leaves
- 14.79 ml capers (chopped)
- 1.23 ml chili
- 59.16-118.32 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 59.16 ml balsamico vinegar (up to your taste!)
- 2.46 ml salt (up to your taste!)
- Mash the tuna with your fork.
- Add all the ingredients and adjust salt and vinegar.
- Serve with green salad and fresh bread.
Who knew a tuna salad could be so flavorful? This is a tasty salad that we will be enjoying again. I made as written using a kid kind of a big chop instead of mincing as I was serving as a salad atop of romaine lettuce. Thanks for the post.
A very tasty salad - the fruitiness of the olive oil went so well with the other ingredients. I used a solid chunk albacore tuna, and it was really attractive with the large flakes of tuna. Lovely with some crusty bread.
Wonderful lunch! I used 1 3 oz can of tuna and halved the rest of the ingredients and tossed it with some leftover salad (no dressing) and this was a wonderful lunch. The only change I made was using dried basil and a few pickled jalapenos (no chili). Thanks for sharing this wonderful salad!