Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is loved by all my family and they ask me to make it every time there is a party. Great on sandwich or crackers. Hope you enjoy it
- 3 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna packed in water
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 4 celery ribs (not whole bunches)
- 3 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 4 -5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Open the cans of tuna and drain all the water from the tuna. (Use a can strainer for best results; try to get tuna as dry as possible). Leave at least one empty can handy.
- Break up tuna chunks either with your hands or use a fork. Try to leave least ammount of chunks as possible.
- In a piramid style grater, use the largest holes and grate the celery ribs. Discard the long string looking pieces.
- Fill up the empty tuna can with grated celery. The can should be filled to the top, if not, grate one more rib.
- Drain the celery using same method as for tuna.
- Mix tuna, celery, breadcrumbs and white pepper in a large bowl. Once everything is mixed, add mayo and mix everything again. If the salad looks a bit dry, add another tablespoon of mayo.
- You should now have a tiny bit spicy and very delicious tuna salad.