Recipe by dicentra
I found this on about.com
Top Review by Marauder Jade
Lots of fun!<br/>The tuna salad used here is a good basic recipe; we found that it was kind of plain to roll up by itself (which is probably a good thing, because that made it flexible to roll up with other things).<br/><br/>Here's what we ended up doing that we found worked well:<br/>Made the tuna salad as written, and rolled it up with different types of diced & sliced fruits / vegetables / other sushi fixins. We had a lot of different rolls that all started with this base recipe. Doing this made for a REALLY fun evening, because we were doing rolls right there at the table, so we got to spend a lot of quality time with our friends.
- 4 cups sushi rice
- 4 sheets nori (dried seaweed)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2⁄3 cup canned tuna
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix chopped onion, tuna, and mayonnaise in a bowl. *You can make tuna salad as you like.
- Put a nori sheet on top of a bamboo mat (makisu). Spread sushi rice on top of the nori sheet.
- Place the tuna salad lengthwise on the rice. Roll up the bamboo mat, pressing forward to shape the sushi into a cylinder.
- Press the bamboo mat firmly and remove it from the sushi. Cut the sushi roll into bite-size pieces.