Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's an easy, tasty lunch for brown-baggers, both children and adults. I made the salad and prepared the carrots the night before and it was a breeze to assemble the next morning. You can dip a cut end of each roll into black sesame seeds if you wish.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together tuna, mayonnaise and celery, breaking up any large chunks of tuna.
- Place half of the tuna salad on each tortilla in a line, slightly below the center of the tortilla; make a line of carrot strips along the middle of the tuna salad.
- Roll into a cylinder, sushi-fashion.
- Trim ends and cut each roll across into 6 pieces.
- Place into resealable lunch containers, cut side up.
I had fun with this mock sushi roll and it turned out to be very tasty. I used wasabi mayonnaise to mix the tuna salad, which was a great addition. Then I placed a sheet of toasted nori on the flour tortilla, finally topping it with grated carrots and the wasabi tuna salad. Next time I'll sub the celery for diced cucumber. The possibilities are indeed endless for this innovative and healthy sandwich. I can't wait to make this for my daughter, she'll love it too...and I'll give you all the credit Judy!.