This is not your usual tuna salad! This salad also makes a great sandwich (both hot & cold... look for my other tuna recipes!
- 2 (283.49 g) package albacore tuna (water-packed)
- 4 stalk celery, diced
- 118.29 ml sweet onion, chopped
- 78.07 ml sliced ripe olives
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 236.59 ml Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 2.46 ml louisiana hot sauce
- 14.79 ml prepared horseradish
- 2.46 ml celery salt
- 2.46 ml paprika
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- red ripe tomato
- In a large mixing bowl, break up tuna.
- Add celery, onions and olives and mix.
- In a 2 cup measuring cup, mix mayonnaise and remaining seasonings to blend.
- Combine mayonnaise mixture to tuna and vegetables and blend well, folding in chopped eggs.
- Slice off top of ripe tomatoes, scoop out pulp and reserve for other use.
- Spoon in tuna salad mixture to fill.
- Sprinkle with paprika, salt & pepper if desired.
- Garnish with black olive and celery leaves.
- Serve as is, or chill for later serving.
Cut this in half and made as written for the Spring PAC 2014 tag game. I love tuna salads and this was so refreshing in a tomato for a hot day! Thank you for posting.
Delicious, healthy and satisfying. Sure to please!