Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I created this after years of trial and error. It is healthy and tastes great too! I like to add 1 tablesppon chopped pickled jalapeño peppers for an added zest! I have kids now so I will leave that out! I hope you enjoy!
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna in water (drained well)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon onion (minced fine)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (regular salt to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (fresh ground, to taste)
- Mix all ingridients in a bowl and chill at least 2 hours!
Very much enjoyed our tuna salad for lunch today. Nice change from the mayo laden tunda salads. Served it on a bed of spring baby greens surrounded by tomato slices. Thanks for posting I will be making this again.
We enjoyed our tuna salad today. I served it in rolls and it was a bit crumbly for that. I guess it needed a little mayo to stick it together. I was surprised how much the olive oil flavour came through and was lovely. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC 2010.
My daughter and I have never liked mayonaise based tuna salads so we decided to try this. It's delicious and so simple to make. Great with crackers!